Articles of Association
Resolutions Approved by the Board
From time to time, the Board of Directors will implement policies and procedures that are not part of the Articles of Association, but that are still relevant to the operations of the organization. Below are listed some of the recent policies and procedures that have been approved by the Board.
1. Compensation of Speakers. The Board adopted a resolution not to allocate organizational finances to compensate speakers. A member or benefactor may sponsor a speaker, on approval of the programs committee, but no organization funds shall be used to compensate our speakers beyond a thank you gift of nominal value. [Approved 2011]
2. Distribution of Materials. The Board of Directors passed a resolution that we will not allow the placement of flyers or other materials on dining tables by anyone other than the evening's speaker and wine or reception sponsor. Instead, we will offer an Event Table at the back of the room where any member or benefactor may place industry-related event materials (no general marketing materials) for members to review and pick up as they see fit. [Approved 7/9/2012]
3. Meeting Announcements. The Board of Directors passed a resolution that we will not allow event announcements to be made at our general membership meetings unless PEPC is a co-sponsor of the event. [Approved 7/9/2012]
4. Email Announcements. The Board of Directors passed a resolution that PEPC will not send email announcements to our members for events or other items that may be of interest unless PEPC is a co-sponsor of the event. [Approved 7/9/2012]
5. Classified Ads. The Board of Directors passed a resolution that PEPC will establish a Classifieds page on our website for job announcements, office space, or industry-related books or equipment for sale. The fee to place an ad will be $25 per listing for a period of 30 days. [Approved 7/9/2012]